BenQ EX2780Q Gaming Monitor
Star rating: 4/5
With PlayStation 5 and the Xbox Series X coming at the end of 2020 many households will be looking at upgrading their gaming setup.
Most new TVs will be able to cope with the demands of many games but they will struggle where finer detail is needed, for example on first person shooters.
Most Battle Royale games from Call of Duty to Fortnite and Apex are best experienced on a monitor which takes up a fraction of the room.
The size can range from 26″ to 32″ and although it largely depends on personal preference, you’d need a HDR setup with Freesync technology to get the best out of it.
Most gaming monitors with a 144Hz refresh rate can do the job for around £300 and there’s certainly no point splashing out over £500.
But if you can afford it, the BenQ EX2780Q has a non reflective surface, which is a perfect match for next gen gaming and currently retails at around £420.
- Stunning IPS display: Enjoy immaculate 16:9 image quality with 2K QHD 2560 x 1440 resolution IPS panel
- Boost gaming experience: FreeSync and 144 Hz refresh rate for smooth and clear images
- BenQ proprietary features further boost your gaming experience
- Easy access to fit settings: Use a remote control
- 5-key navigator or a volume wheel to access your preferred settings in a simple and quick way
- Multi-connectivity: USB Type-C
- HDMI and DP ports make it convenient to switch between various media devices with ease
- Brightness Intelligence Plus technology: Auto-adjusts brightness and colour temperature according to on-screen content and ambient light conditions